Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just like that

I was eagerly waiting for the spring to come; it came and I hardly saw it. Maybe this was the case with most of the people here after all trailing that long snowy winter should always be a long beautiful spring. But to the disappointment of many people the early rain took away the colored beauty and marked it with green. Though green is a peace for eyes but red, white, purple and pink would have been a much awaited treat. I was ready with my fat little old camera, which is so lethargic to my actions, but alas its summer. Why do I care so much about the short spring?

I am living in a beautiful place with lovely people around. People who are so much aware of general courtesies that words like sorry, thank you, excuse me, you first flows so easily from their mouth. They know that life can be lived walking rather than running and panting all the time. Leave alone weekends; on week days too you can find people just loitering around, daddies playing with their sons and daughters, old people shopping around in fancy dresses, even grown up kids playing in parks and swings, girls and women frequently visiting beauty parlors, people jogging around at almost any time of the day, chirpy little birds, silently walking dogs and lazily sleeping cats. Every day seems a Sunday. Then if all this is not enough you can go to New Port where you won’t believe your eyes, can life be so cool and simple? People just walking, talking, sitting, reading, kissing, eating, watching, sun bathing, sailing, cycling, skating…by the banks of the river without any rush, just to enjoy that one life which they have got. Do they ever work?

Even I have ‘One life to live’ but what am I doing? Even byword like ‘Live each day as if it were your last’ does no wonders to make it a little better. Though late but yes finally I started reading ‘The monk who sold his Ferrari’ and it clicked a little, a slow but a wonderful book. Will it bring something good out of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment